Management of the Haarlemmermeer Lyceum comprises two members: Mrs. Pennings-de Vet is the headmaster at HLML Dalton and Mr Roth is the headmaster at HLML Bilingual. Both locations have school leadership consisting of the headmaster and three team leaders.
School leadership composition at HLML Dalton
- Mrs. L. Pennings-de Vet, headmaster
- Ms. M. Broerse, Team leader, grades 1 and 2 vwo/havo
- Ms. J.G. den Ouden, Team leader, grades 3, 4 and 5 havo
- Mr. M.H. Doeleman, Team leader, grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 vwo
School leadership composition at HLML Bilingual
- Mr. B.P.J. Roth, Rector
- Ms. E. Sartori, Department Head, 1 and 2 havo/vwo
- Mr. J.H.R. Martens, Team leader, grades 2, 3 and 4 mavo
- Ms. A. Schrijver MEd, Team leader, grades 3, 4 and 5 havo
- Ms. T. Joosten, Team leader, grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 vwo
Various coordinators work at both locations. Together with the team leader, they give form and substance to the educational programme.
The Haarlemmermeer Lyceum is part of the Dunamare Onderwijsgroep. This comprises 24 secondary schools in the region that includes Haarlem, Haarlemmermeer and Velsen (with a side-trip to Harlingen). This involves all types of schools – from grammar school to vocational education. Nearly all of the schools in the region that provide special care to students are members of the Dunamare Onderwijsgroep. For more information, see: www.dunamare.nl.
By joining forces, Dunamare Onderwijsgroep can provide added value to the schools, thereby improving the students’ training and learning performance. Additional information about the Dunamare Onderwijsgroep can be found here, along with such important documents as the complaints regulation and the protocol for suspension and removal.
The Haarlemmermeer Lyceum is part of the collaborative partnership between VO Amstelland and Meerlanden. www.swvam.nl
Naturally, we prefer to see that everything runs smoothly at our school. But despite our efforts, it’s still possible that you might be unsatisfied with something. Have a complaint? We’ll do everything possible to resolve this. The first step is to contact the particular teacher, headmaster or other person who has made the decision with which you disagree. If you are then still dissatisfied with the treatment of your complaint, you can turn to the board, based on the external complaints procedure. View Dunamare Onderwijsgroep’s general complaints regulation here.
Students wrestling with problems that they cannot, will not or don’t wish to share directly with a teacher or someone else, can turn to a trusted counsellor. At our school, Mrs. Van Dam-de Boer or Mr. Van der Weijden (Baron de Coubertin location) and Mr Dijkema de Grooth and Ms. Nieveld (HLML Dalton location) are always ready to help. Both students and parent(s)/guardian(s) can make an appointment to search for a solution together. Getting in touch can be done easily via e-mail:
- Mrs. Van Dam-de Boer (BdC) – L.van.Dam-de Boer@haarlemmermeerLyceum.nl
- Mr. Van der Weijden (BdC) – M.van.der.Heijden@HaarlemmermeerLyceum.nl
- Mrs. Nieveld (ZR) – M.Nieveld@HaarlemmermeerLyceum.nl
- Mr. Dijkema de Grooth (ZR) – L.DijkemadeGrooth@HaarlemmermeerLyceum.nl
Complaints about undesirable behaviour (such as sexual intimidation) can also be handled via the external confidential counsellor (GGD Kennemerland tel. +31 (0)23 7891777) or the Education Inspectorate (tel. 088 6696000).